The production and circulation of food products and consumer goods is influenced by ongoing political and administrative decision flows.
Agricultural and industrial policies, health care and financial reforms and regulatory reliefs, national and local implementation plans, are just some of the possible sources of risks and opportunities worthy of continuos attention.
With the proper knowledge of the state of the art and of ' what' s cooking' in the various administrative and political contexts, institutions, associations and companies involved may examine the opportunities available to better accommodate or interact with the their specific counterparts.
The area of Public Affairs of FARE – from the offices in Rome, Brussels and Shanghai – assists customers at the institutional as well as stakeholders & media relations level , to ensure a wide range of services.
Nobel prize-winner Joseph Stieglitz has always indicated the information asymmetry as a crucial element in the balance of political and economic powers. On the basis of this teaching, the Public Affairs Division of FARE is primarily devoted to the following activities:
- Political Intelligence. To contribute to acknowledged strategies and to face the context challenges it is necessary to keep up with the sources of information, and to foresee them where possible. FARE – thanks to its institutional contacts, to its attendance at technical meetings and participation in the think tank – is devoted to the analysis of the carriers that tend to influence the regulatory landscape. To enable its clients the opportunity to take time to make appropriate decisions, influence policies and investments in the light of ongoing work.
- Monitoring trends and administrative guidelines of the stakeholders, to address the consistent relations and development policies of the client (e.g. The critical values of nutrition, methods of approach to CSR, for the purpose of commercial qualifications and / or funding),
- Risks and emerging opportunities. Monitoring of reports, and research activities from which risks may arise or even better opportunities for the client, its business and its products / services.
Appropriate knowledge (link to the above paragraph) of the important contexts – even only potential – for one’ s organization may give the chance to take positions and initiatives consistent with strategies and objectives. But the achievement of the latter, even if logical and coherent with shared interests with other social partners, is far from obvious. Within the risk in the variously complex decision-making systems, FARE provides useful resources to achieve the following.
- Identification of the most important stakeholders on each dossier, cultural mediation, identifying commonalities and possible synergies (c.d. coalition building),
- Public relations with the European, international, national and local institutions. Proposed initiatives, drafting of documents and position papers, awareness of decision makers. Support in lobbying activities, activated and managed by the Clients,
- Assistance in relations with administrative and political institutions of non-EU countries (starting up of new activities, management of regular or special reports),
- Communication plans, direct and indirect, in relation to the objectives and audience,
- Representation and Secretariat to institutional bodies, associations and businesses.